24 Jan Plumbing Designer
Seeking a full-time Plumbing Designer with knowledge of codes and experience with a variety of building types.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering preferred, but not required.
- Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) Certification preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years’ experience with plumbing design for various types of facilities required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (Version 2015 or higher) required.
- Revit (Version 2015 or higher) preferred, but not required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to solve problems, manage time efficiently, and produce accurate design documents within budget.
Plumbing Designer responsibilities include, but is not limited to, preliminary assessments including existing site investigation, problem resolution, design, and drawing and specification production.
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects and assist other designers when necessary.
- Independently perform all phases of design, including construction documents, calculations, specifications and construction observations.
- Preparation of studies and schematic design for new systems. Analysis of operation of existing systems.
- Use of AutoCAD and/or Revit to develop drawings and construction documents.
- Respond to construction RFI’s, review shop drawings and perform site observations.
- Attend job and construction meetings.
- Communicate with clients and equipment suppliers to obtain information needed for design and coordination.
- Coordination of work (internally and externally) to ensure design intent and accuracy.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health and Dental.
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan.
- Cafeteria Plan.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Email resumes to Jennifer@whitakerandrawson.com. No phone calls please.